Our largest refractor, the APO250VT F/8.8 allows the observer to immerse themselves in the beauty of space. This observatory class instrument provides the best visual experience that TEC has to offer.
- The APO250VT F/8.8 features an air-spaced apochromatic-triplet objective with a Fluorite (CaF2) middle element, resulting in color correction that is optimized for visual use and imaging. This air-spaced triplet design in combination with multi-layer coatings on all surfaces of the objective ensure maximal light transmission.
- The objective is housed in an aluminum cell, providing for excellent thermoregulation properties while remaining lightweight and strong.
- The optical assembly sits in a lightweight aluminum tube that utilizes anti-reflective coating and sharp-edged baffles throughout the interior and forget about collimation – after the scope leaves TEC, no adjustment is required.
- Further, the crisp all white assembly projects the elegant, handcrafted quality that TEC is known for. Expect deep contrast and rich, natural color out of this compact and timeless design.
- Each APO250VT F/8.8 comes equipped with a Starlight Instruments FTF#3545 Feather Touch Focuser that was designed in collaboration with TEC. This is Starlight Instruments’ largest rotating focuser with coarse and fine focusing 9:1 Planetary Reduction Assembly.
- The 2” locking metal collet is insensitive to temperature fluctuations and holds loads with high precision and concentricity.
- Includes precision adjustable Tube Rings.
- Able to accommodate a wide variety of eyepieces.
- Recommended to be paired with a high capacity load mount and a stationary observation station.
In classic refractor fashion, the TEC APO250VT F/8.8 is a no compromise, no frills design that lets the wonders of nature speak for themselves. The TEC APO250VT F/8.8 costs $49,000, including an initial $16,000 refundable deposit.
- Adjustable Dovetail Plate and Semirings.
- Focal Reducer Corrector converts the F/8.8 Ratio to F/7.9 with a 115mm back focus.
- 10×60 Baader Vario Finderscope with a TEC Finder Bracket and Base for Telescope mounting.