Our largest portable refractor, the APO180FL F/7 allows the observer to delve deep into the beauty of space.
- The APO180FL F/7 features an oil-spaced apochromatic-triplet objective with a Fluorite (CaF2) middle element, resulting in color correction that is optimized for visual use and imaging. This oil-spaced triplet design in combination with multi-layer coatings on all surfaces of the objective ensure maximal light transmission.
- The objective is housed in an aluminum cell, providing for excellent thermoregulation properties while remaining lightweight and strong.
- The optical assembly sits in a lightweight aluminum tube that utilizes anti-reflective coating and sharp-edged baffles throughout the interior and forget about collimation – after the scope leaves TEC, no adjustment is required.
- Further, the crisp all white assembly projects the elegant, handcrafted quality that TEC is known for. Expect deep contrast and rich, natural color out of this compact and timeless design.
- Each APO180FL F/7 comes equipped with a Starlight Instruments FTF#3545 Feather Touch Focuser that was designed in collaboration with TEC. This is Starlight Instruments’ largest rotating focuser with coarse and fine focusing 9:1 Planetary Reduction Assembly.
- The 2” locking metal collet is insensitive to temperature fluctuations and holds loads with high precision and concentricity.
- Available for purchase as a Binocular Telescope. This requires the purchase of 2 APO180FL F/7.
- Able to accommodate a wide variety of eyepieces and mounts.
In classic refractor fashion, the TEC APO180FL F/7 is a no compromise, no frills design that lets the wonders of nature speak for themselves. The TEC APO180FL F/7 costs $19,000, including an initial $6,000 refundable deposit. Please know that ALL PRICES AND AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE; the price initially quoted for a telescope purchase may not be reflected in the final invoice. Wait times may also be longer than initially quoted. Rest assured that we are working diligently to complete and ship every telescope on order.
- 12” Dovetail Plate and Carry Handle facilitate easy transportation and fit seamlessly with most mounts. The larger size fits effortlessly with our larger models.
- Precision adjustable Tube Rings.
- Focal Reducer Corrector converts the F/7 Ratio to F/6.2 with a 115mm back focus.
- 180mm Field Flattener prevents vignetting and ensures high quality imaging.
- 10×60 Baader Vario Finderscope with a TEC Finder Bracket and Base for Telescope mounting.
- 7×50 Vixen Finderscope with a TEC Finder Bracket and Base for Telescope mounting.
- Gutekunst Compact Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector (ADC).